Monday, July 8, 2013

Secret Tote Bag Swap - Sent, Received and Link-Up

Hi everyone!

As mentioned in my previous post, I was going to show you what I received in the mail yesterday coming from Carin in Sweden.


The fabrics she used are beautiful, the paper-pieced sheep has a small bead as eye, so cute! And the extra pouch that my tote bag came in, is beautifully quilted with my name on the front and Carin's signature on the back. I wish I could quilt like that! Also added was a lovely postcard from near where she lives. Did I ever mention that I collect postcards? So these swaps are great for more than one thing ;)

So that's what I received in the swap, here's what I sent to my partner Susan in England


To the tote I added a rainbow charm pack, buttons, some metallic thread and a cactus ring-pincushion I made. Then I wrapped everything in a piece of vintage sheets, why use paper...right? ;)
Sue loved everything, I suppose I literally hit the nail on the head, lol!

And since so many beautiful bags have been made in this swap, I'm adding the link-up to the bottom of this page, so they're on display for everyone to see.
Remember, if you joined the swap and made a bag, you can still link your bag up until the end of the month for your chance to win some fab prizes!

And for everyone who's been asking, the next swap will start in August with a shipping date of late September/early October and will be announced in the Flickr Group, so if you want to join, make sure you're a member of the group :)

Thanks so much for everyone who took part in the swap and made it a big success. When starting this project I never thought so many people would join up, considering it was the first swap I ever organised myself! You're an amazing bunch of super talented people! ;)

Sending out lots of Love
xx Lia





5 comments:

  1. Wow! Look at all those bags. Beautiful. Makes me wish I flickr'd. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on a successful swap! The goodies you made look pretty awesome as well as what you received. Lots of awesome bags in the link up as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. the swap was a lot of fun...thanks again for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lia - you did a great job organizing the swap. It was my first swap too and I had a great time. Will the next swap also be a tote bag swap? I sure hope so as I've been telling people about your swap and some are interested in participating! Thanks for all of your hard work - it was very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  5. my god, SO many beautiful bags! what a creative and highly talented lot of secret swappers!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...